Thursday, October 23, 2008

I am going to be a grandma!

Well it feels like it.. Marnis cat is having Kittens! Marni is very excited, I am just wishing we had he spayed when we were going too! Isaac and Keely have already picked out names for "their" kittens... ummm no one said we were keeping them guys! Anyway they obviously think the kittens will be black like their mother because the names they have picked out are Vegemite and Licorice. Very cute!

Work Work Work

That is all I seem to do lately, usually I work .5 of full time, so 18 hours a week. I find that quite manageable with kids, home and work making up a pretty good balance. I work in a team of 5 and the other 4 work full-time, it is a good arrangement, we have busy days and not so busy days but lately we have had really busy days and 2 of the team are on sick leave for at least the next 2 weeks! UGH! I have no idea how mothers who work full time do it, I am grumpy, tired and not much fun lately. I promised myself I would take the twins to the show and we had all been really looking forward to it for weeks. I have been working my days off for a couple of weeks and didn't know if I could take the time to go. My boss was great and said no problem so Wednesday was THE day.
Of course because I had planned to take the kids to the show the forecast was terrible, rain and even SNOW (in spring!) on the mountain! I went to work in the morning and then picked the twins up from school at lunch time and off we went to the Royal Hobart Show. It was heaps of fun picking them up early we all felt like we were doing something really naughty! Going to the show is not for the fainthearted or the poor, it cost $40 just to park the car and get in the gate!!! Luckily the twins had saved money each so the damage to my wallet wasn't that bad. We got the showbags first because last year they had sold the days quota of the ones we wanted and we had to spend ages re-choosing!

We looked at all the animals in the nursery including the sweetest 3 day old minature foal awww
C U T E! There was a Tassie Devil display with a 6 month old baby devil, not-so-cute and lots of lambs, piglets and ducklings. Luckily we didn't bring any home to add to the menagerie! Isaac tried rock climbing and then I was very brave and went on the Ferris Wheel (I totally HATE those things!) Isaac drove the dodgem car and had a fabulous time, he was an amazingly good driver which was a relief because I don't like those either! We had a few turns on some games and got really tacky crap for prizes... Keely ended the day with a purple teddy bear, a white tiger and a neon orange porcupine so now she has 3000 stuffed toys in her room! We ate a delicious devonshire tea at the CWA hall, bless you ladies you are fabulous, and then bought some blue fairy floss to take home, gross!
All in all a terrific time was had and 2 of us had plenty of energy left to carry on like weirdos all the way home, maybe I should have had some of the blue fairy floss, I sure could have used the energy boost!

5 comments:

Kirsty said...

Oh my gosh, my heart stopped when I read that title!!!

Sounds like such a FUN day at the show :-)

Jacki said...

hee hee hee bad me did that on purpose... :)

Katred said...

Oh Jacki you had me all excited, LOL, not that kittens arent cute but not the same as a baby!

Jacki said...

Now Kate, you know if there are any babies to be had then you will have to have them! I am not ready to be a grandma just yet!
Having seen the twins up close none of the girls seem keen to have kids, weird that!!

Unknown said...

But you would have missed the alpacas which is a pity..they were there friday and saturday..(I was there with 3 of ours and picke dup a first and a second,,,

Did u check out the poultry? Put in 3 birds, all got first. Not sure I would put them in again as they had to be there from tues night till sat and it is a bit long for them..anyway glad u had a great day! (have u found Bella yet?)
Michelle