Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy non-Anniversary!

So last Wednesday was our second wedding anniversary, last year Peter sent me gorgeous flowers to work and we went out to dinner. This year guess who totally forgot the anniversary?


BOTH of us did! oh wow I cannot believe that we both forgot! I remembered this morning (5 days late) when I got to work, no idea what triggered it but I just thought "oh crap!" Peter didn't remember at all until I sent him an email!

Totally hopeless the pair of us... sigh...

Mind you it would have been horrible if one remembered and the other forgot, most upsetting!

We are having 4 days in Melbourne from November 13th, we are going to see 2 concerts and staying in a really swish hotel, that will make up for the non anniversary I hope! I am really looking forward to this trip, we haven't been away together for ages and the last time we went to Melbourne we took all the kids. The first concert is going to be amazing, we love this violinist and the concert promises to be spectacular!

The Dutch musician is responsible for around 500 people including his 55-strong Johann Strauss Orchestra and the Vienna State Ballet, which travels with him too. There will also be 60 figure skaters performing on two ice rinks in front of the castle. There will be working fountains, and 36 horses will pull carriages on and off the stage.

I am so excited! Totally better than a bunch of flowers!


6 comments:

Kirsty said...

LOL Mick and I both forgot this year as well! Guess who reminded us...his MUM! He was too scared to admit he had forgotten in case I was quietly wating for him to remember..hahaha!

Oh your Melbourne trip sounds like HEAVEN!

Jacki said...

Thats so funny you both forgot as well! I cannot wait to go to Melbourne! I might not come home!!

Katred said...

Melbourne oh boy oh boy oh boy I can taste that nice cake on the Yarra already! Let me know when you want to catch up assuming of course that you do?
xo

Jacki said...

Kate!! Of course we want to catch up... we are trying to work out details but hope to come down your way this time... unless of course you dont have cake shops then we will refuse to come down!

So looking forward to seeing you and Miss Charlie again!

Katred said...

LOL I have a working oven and will even bake a cake for you and Peter.

Jacki said...

ohh YUMM! I'm am sold... such a cheap date I am!