Despite my feelings about Jack Nicholson (ewwwwwww) I watched the Bucket List recently, I LOVED it what a wonderful movie, if you haven't seen it then "do yourself a favour" as Molly would say!
It is about 2 men with cancer who decide to do everything on their bucket list (things to do before you kick the bucket) before they die.
Years ago when children were plentiful and money was not, I made a wish book, it was just a photo album and I put pictures in it of things I would like to do/see/have one day. Thinking about it now most of them did eventually happen so they weren't as far fetched as I thought at the time. I remember I had an ad for the Phantom of the Opera stage show, a diamond ring, disneyland and a car that wasn't a station wagon! :) If I did an album now it would be so different but still full of dreams, we all need dreams and things to aspire too. As long as the wanting isn't out of control and the wishing isn't life consuming then add anything and everything you can I say!
Here is my bucket list in no particular order
(I just now thought this up and am not going to edit so it should be interesting!!)
Ride in a hot air balloon
Ride an elephant
Visit Canada
Visit Scotland
Be comfortable with my own body
Forgive my mother
Be a better mother
Be there when a baby is born
Spend more time with my father
Take a luxury train trip (hopefully in Canada!)
Figure out what I want to be when I grow up
Be the funniest, silliest old lady in the nursing home
Worry less about money and more about other people
Tell people how wonderful they are more often
Give compliments not critisism
So there you have it... phew some of those were suprising.... Why not write your own list you might be inspired who knows!
4 comments:
Wonderful post! You've inspired me to do my own bucket list. : )
Excellent! Please link me when you do!
Oooooh good idea!!
I bought the Bucket List a few weeks back but have yet to watch it, so your post was a reminder. Knew of the story, Krystal and Luke went to the cinema when it came out. She said they were the only 'young' people there and that everyone watching it had to be over 40! They are big movie buffs. Si I stared a bucket list, must add to it. Good luck with yours :)
Post a Comment