Saturday, January 24, 2009

Changing names

well it has been said on here before that my children have absorbed my name obsession, today was further proof.
Keely announced that she wanted to change her name because "Keely is a stupid name" and that "I am tired of spelling it to people" oops poor kid is traumatised apparently.
I told her that she can change her name if she wants too, all that is needed is her dad and I to agree and fill out a form. She thought about that for a minute then said that she just wanted to change her first name and keep the middle and last name. (I actually have been thinking about changing her middle name but that is another post) I asked her what name she would like instead and she wasn't sure, I told her that I wanted to name her Ruby, after her great grandmother) but her dad said no. She thought she might like to be known as Ruby from now on because her friend has a big sister named Ruby and "she is cool". Very generously she said that if daddy doesn't like he will be allowed to still call her Keely! Isaac wasn't to be out done and announced that he didn't like when his friends called him Isaac and he wanted them to call him Zac from now on! He told me that he wants to "sign the contract" as soon as possible!

Laura tells me her name is pretty common, Blair says she misses out on sales because people think her name is Clare and don't attribute the sale to the right person and Marni thinks her name is weird...
Maybe I should give up naming children and stick to naming pets, Tabitha and Tux seem to like their names just fine.

4 comments:

Kirsty said...

Oh! I think your kids have beautiful names!

Jacki said...

Well thank you Kirsty, so do I!
Perhaps they will grow to like them one day. Isac asked me if I liked my name when I was younger and I had to say no but I do now! He was unimpressed.

Anonymous said...

Lol Mum I love this post! hilarious. Don't worry - I'm not at all traumatised by my name....but maybe that's because u didn't really choose it?...haha :P

Jacki said...

Laura Elizabeth I totally did so pick your name! It's just that I thought you were a boy so when you were born I was so suprised that your dad answered the question when they asked!
If he was the name chooser your name would have been Vicki or Diane or something!