Playing Disney Monopoly with 7 year olds!! The Disney version is gorgeous, all the properties are Disney Movies, the playing pieces are Peter Pan, Mowgli, Snow White, Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp (aka the dog in the pound), Pinocchio and Alice in Wonderland. There is a golden Tinkerbell as well. The houses are cottages and the hotels are castles, in the centre of the board is a pop up version of Sleeping Beauty's castle. Who knew how many versions of Monopoly there are, at least 20 on one site I checked. I shouldn't have looked because I think we need the Princess version and maybe the Disney Pixar one as well... gulp!
Isaac is always talking about Monopoly even though I don't think he has ever played it, well today when I arrived at after school care he was in the middle of a game... oops bad me had arrived early because I was worried about his stick legs in shorts as it was FREEZING!
He held it together until we got to the car and then cried buckets... I told him we had Monopoly at home and he could play it, he was so thrilled that we got it straight out and then even though I had so much to do, I sat down to supervise... Well they don't know real Monopoly rules yet, add to that the Disney version has extras, combine with counting issues and a complete lack of money sense and you have total chaos! Keely was disgusted to be in Jail because "Princesses do NOT go to jail do they Mum?"
Keely was happy to spend money as long as she got change back, just like at the shops! Isaac was very cautious about spending "Because I might need my money to pay Keely" and had soon amassed a small fortune. I was banker and property manager and was struggling to keep then playing properly. It highlighted the differences in their personalities even more then usual and was so interesting to watch the thought processes. When I dashed to the loo at one point I came back to find them both in jail with Isaac paying to get out because he hates to miss a turn and Keely happy to stay there indefinetly.
I can see that unless I hide the game we will be playing every day...
We all love board games in my family, no one more than Laura, her favorite is monopoly and she is the reason we have THREE different versions! Wish you were here Laura, your brother is a mini you in so many ways..xxx
2 comments:
Thats so gorgeous! I should get some board games down to play with the kids today...anything to avoid that housework!
Mutti I'm so jealous!! I want to spend all afternoon playing monopoly with the ferals! I would love to have just a week at home to spend with them and you. Still loving London but this is the stuff I miss the most. Tell Zac that when I come home next year we'll have a monopoly marathon! Love u xoxo
Post a Comment