Tuesday, September 16, 2008

my week...

Hmm where to start, life has been a little bit unsettled lately, maybe it's me and maybe it IS the rest of the world, who knows.
The ferals are on school holidays for the rest of this week so I took time off. I was looking forward to being busy and having fun with the kids. Well Friday was okayish we went to McDonalds for breakfast then to a play centre with friends and the kids had fun. After that we went to the Library and back to McDonalds for an icecream with our friends. The other 2 families we were with had arranged to go to one house so the kids could play, we weren't invited so we came home. I was a bit upset but hey thats life. Saturday I felt listless and a bit depressed, I watched hours of The Waltons and read a book or three. Peter and the kids moved some wood from the HUGE pile we had delivered on Friday. Sunday I woke up with a cold, great way to start my holidays!! It was cool and rainy so the weather matched my mood! Peter and Isaac watched the car racing (UGHHHHH) all afternoon.
Keely pottered about amusing herself and I vegged out (still).
Monday sawus back the play centre for a farewll party for Keelys friend who is moving to Wagga Wagga. It rained again and was very windy... great weather for the holidays! Next year I swear we are going to Qld!
Today Keely had been invited to play at a friends house but when I rang the Mum she said they couldn't have her and they were busy all the rest of the week... Shit, Keely cried and I almost did, apparently I was supposed to get back in touch yesterday. Whatever...

What is wrong with people that they make an arrangement then just change their mind??? I mean if she wanted to confirm she could have rung me... I am so tired of being let down by people, if I make an arrangement I ALWAYS stick to it, no matter what. I have decided to not bother making arrangements with these people anymore. Everytime we do they get cancelled or altered or we get left out, it makes me feel like we don't matter enough for them to be considerate.
I have other friends who are reliable so we will stick to them from now on. Anyway the twins have each other and that is all they need.

Today is payday so I am going to be very frivolous and waste most of it on groceries! After that exciting outing we are coming home to tackle the kids wardrobes and bedrooms... I bet your kids are jealous that my kids are having such a fun and exciting holiday!!

Off to take more drugs....

3 comments:

Kirsty said...

Oh honey, that SUCKS! I am like you..once something is arranged, it darn well WILL happen. Especially when kids are involved..they just don't understand :-(

Jacki said...

I felt better after I got it all blogged out lol. Well when we arrange a playdate with you I know you will turn up! Are you busy next weekend??

Kirsty said...

LOL!!! How cool would that be?!?!