At work we need 3 passwords and we are prompted to change them regularly.
These 3 passwords cannot be the same.
I have a terrible memory for passwords.
So I am of course on friendly terms with the marvellous people who have to unlock my databases on a regular basis, these amazingly patient people have never once said "Not you again" or "isn't this the third time this month?" They just hit the magic reset button and away I go again... I have always used the kids names or a combination of their names and a number to generate the new passwords, so far so good until Friday when I tried every combination I could think of only to be rejected each time as "too similar to one of the last 20 passwords you have already used" In desperation I started on the cats names... password accepted... PHEW!
For one horrible moment I thought I was going to have to have more kids!!!
2 comments:
Hah!!! I have the same problem! Our password reset dudes aren't as friendly as your though. They get a little snippy when its more than once a month...
I surprised myself yesterday though. I went down to the bank to switch off the alarms and I remembered my code...WOOT!
Our guys are resigned to it I think!!
I am very glad you didn't set off the alarms, I have done that at work before and was oblivious until 3 police cars showed up! oops!
Post a Comment